There’s no doubt about it—a deck is the perfect place to relax and entertain your friends and family, especially on warm summer evenings. A new deck can also really boost the value of your home. Building a deck is a win-win for everyone involved. The only problem with adding a deck is the cost. Hiring a contractor will save you time and energy, but contractors can also be really expensive. If you’re handy with tools and have a can-do attitude, you can potentially build a deck all by yourself. The first step in constructing a deck is picking up all of the right building materials in Seattle for the job. Here are a few of the things you need for your new deck:
- Tools: First things first, you’ll need the right tools if you want to build without the help of a contractor. It’s safe to assume that most people don’t have everything they need to build a deck just lying around in the garage. Visit our store and check out our vast selection of power tools and hand tools. From start to finish, we have every tool you need for the job.
- Flooring material: Choosing the perfect material for your deck flooring can be a bit tricky. There are tons of different materials out there, and each has its own pros and cons. Regardless of the material you choose, we’re your best bet for buying it. We carry a wide assortment of lumber, including cedar—one of the most popular options for decking material. Ask about all of the benefits of the composite materials we have in stock.
- Joists: It doesn’t matter which material you choose for your flooring—your deck won’t last long if you don’t have the proper joists to go under the floor. All of the wood we carry to use for joists is sure to be strong and free from any imperfections.
- Fasteners: Make sure your deck doesn’t blow over in the wind by using the best fasteners on the market. We have a wide selection of fasteners and fastener kits that will work perfectly for decks both big and small.
- Railings: Are railings part of the plan for your deck? If so, come to our shop! We have railings in all shapes and sizes to perfectly match the design for your dream deck.
- Paint: Depending on the type of decking material you choose, you may want to consider painting or staining it. We have pretty much any color of paint you can think of. If we don’t have your preferred color in stock, you can always ask one of our experienced staff members to mix the color for you.
Stop by Stewart Lumber & Hardware Co. to pick up the best building materials in Seattle to construct your new deck. If you’re unsure about which materials you need, feel free to speak with our friendly employees. Everyone on our staff has years of experience in the industry and can point you in the right direction.