Painting a room can make a huge difference in its overall appearance and atmosphere, but it can be difficult to achieve the kind of aesthetic that you want if you don’t have the right painting methods or techniques. The good news is that you can improve the results of your paint job significantly by using a few simple tips. Read on to find out a little bit more about how to paint a room in Seattle:
- Envision the end result: You can’t paint your room properly if you don’t have the end result in mind. Think about your vision for your room so that you can select colors, finishes and paint products that will help you achieve the best results. You can get inspiration from home décor magazines or online to help you find the look you like best
- Choose a color scheme: Your paint doesn’t have to be overly “matchy,” but you should have a consistent color palette or theme that you use throughout your room. You can choose contrasting colors, like blue and orange, or create a monochromatic look with different shades of gray. You should make sure to choose a color based on the different design elements, furniture and décor that you already have in your space.
- Assess your needs: The amount of paint you need for your project depends on the size of your room and the type of paint you use. Generally, a gallon of paint is enough to cover about 400 square feet of space, but this can vary depending on the quality of your paint and the color you use. You should get advice from a professional who has more experience with painting products so you can make a more accurate estimation of the amount of paint you need.
- Stock up on supplies: Before you get started with a painting project, you need to make sure you have all of the right supplies on hand. Purchase plenty of paint, some paint rollers, detail brushes, painter’s tape, drop cloths, sandpaper and rags. It’s better to stock up on more supplies than you need than to get a project underway and realize halfway through that you are unprepared.
- Master your technique: When you’re ready to start putting paint on the walls, you should take time to hone your technique. You can watch painting tutorials online to observe different techniques that are most effective for interior painting. Taking time to learn the right techniques is worth it to get a better end result from your painting project.
Learn how to paint a room in Seattle
You can get all of the painting supplies you need to make your vision for your room a reality at Stewart Lumber & Hardware Co. Since 1926, our store has been proud to provide our customers with an extensive selection of high-quality hardware, construction materials, lumber and tools to equip them with everything they need to achieve their project goals. Check out our inventory for yourself by stopping by to see us today!