Sometimes, all it takes is something small to make a big change in the look and feel of your Seattle home. Investing in updated molding is a great way for homeowners to improve the appearance of their home, without breaking the bank on extensive renovation projects. If you’re wondering how to change the look of your home with molding in Seattle, keep reading for some ideas and inspiration.
There are countless ways to use molding to update your home’s look and enhance your décor. Here are some great ideas to help inspire you and give you an idea of how to change the look of your home with molding in Seattle:
- Add crown molding: If you don’t have crown molding in your home, it’s a good idea to consider adding some! Crown molding enhances the look of interior spaces and adds decorative elements to living rooms, finished basements and bedrooms. Crown molding comes in many different designs and styles, allowing you to select the molding that works best for your home’s design and décor.
- Add molding around doorways: Adding molding to front doors and interior doors can create a grander, more polished look in your home. Adding molding around doors enhances the appearance of your entrance. This is a relatively simple and inexpensive project that can be done by DIYers of many different experience levels.
- Create faux thick baseboards: Thick baseboards are very popular in home design, but they can be expensive. To create the illusion of thick baseboards without the expense, add thin strips of molding above your current baseboards and then paint with a matching color in between the strip of molding and the baseboard to create the appearance of a thick baseboard.
- Frame mirrors: Unframed mirrors in the bathroom can give your space an unfinished look. Make your bathroom look more polished by adding molding to frame your mirror. Select molding based on your style preferences and choose a paint color that goes with the rest of your bathroom décor. This is a simple project that can make a big difference in the way your bathroom looks.
- Decorative molding: If you’re having a hard time figuring out how to dress up a boring wall in your home, try adding some decorative molding to create a unique design. Use pre-cut molding strips to create a geometric design on your wall. This is an easy way to create an accent wall that enhances your space without breaking the bank.
If you’re ready to start a molding project in your home, stock up on quality molding products from Stewart Lumber & Hardware Co. We’ve been supplying customers across Seattle with quality lumber and home improvement products since 1926 and we have an extensive selection of materials, tools and products to choose from.
Whether you’re planning a DIY project or you need supplies for a professional home improvement project, we have what you’re looking for! Stop by today to check out our selection of products for yourself.